Sunday, October 31, 2010

end of October


It does not seem possible that it is the end of October already. Our lives have been full of work and a tragedy.

This past Friday the tragedy occured with the passing of Suzanne Burns, my sister-in-law. She is a good person that has always served her family well. She opened her home to those in need including two of my sons. She will be missed. We are sad at her passing but comforted that she did not have to suffer too long. She faced this illness with courage and faith so I know the Lord will bless her for her strength and the life she led. When we visited her in the hospital she was laughing and joking with us and the nurses. She was a good example of how we should all face adversity. I hope I can remember this always.

Mom is doing pretty well and enjoys being here most of the time. She really enjoys when she gets visits or calls from her family. She has been going to church with me and getting to know a few of the sisters. Today she mentioned how nice everyone was and that it is a nice place to live. We have hired a young sister from the ward, Ashley Stover Savage, to come and have lunch with her on the days I cannot come home for lunch. Mom has really enjoyed this also. She is doing pretty good most days. We took a trip to Tombstone the other day that really cheered her up because she talks alot about Tombstone and Nogales. We are planning on going to Nogales soon, maybe on Veteran's Day. We had to get her a new pair of glasses because she lost the ones she had before. Doug has been a big help with taking care of her when he is able. He is very good at making her laugh. We spend most of our time together talking about the past but I think it is good she has someone to talk to and be with. We are doing the best we can.

I just barely passed the midterm for a PreCalculus class. This is the last math class that I am taking to complete a math endorsement. It is math that is way past my abilities but when I get a problem correct I feel pretty good and sometimes even shout out loud. It feels like such a great accomplishment. I never was a math whiz but I am now starting to understand a lot more than I even imagined, including imaginary numbers! So by Christmas I hope to be done taking classes for quite a while again. The annual Family Reading Night took place on October 20th and was a big success. This is an activity that I am in charge of at the school. We got a lot of positive feedback and it was well attended. That means I only have two more large functions to get organized for this school year. Last Sunday was our Primary Sacrament Meeting and the spirit was so strong and sweet. The children performed well. I am so blessed to be able to be a part of Primary because it always strengthens my testimony and enjoy the love that the children share with me. The Lord loves each one of us and knows what we need. I am grateful for that love.

That is all for now and hope that this finds you and your loved ones are happy and blessed with all that you need at this time and send you my love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment