Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Blues

It has been a very long time since I wrote on this blog. Life has been very busy and there are many things I should have shared. There was Broadway on the River. This year, I sang "You Can't Get a Man With a Gun" from Annie Get Your Gun. It was a lot of fun and went really well. Thanksgiving was spent at Richard's and was really nice. Mom had a little bit of a hard time with being back at her house and it not being her house anymore. She was mad for a few days. But, now she is very settled and is happy to be here. For Christmas, Rachel and her family came to visit. We had a very nice time and then had a wonderful get-together with most of the family including John at Casandra's club house in Tucson. That was so nice. I have been working towards earning a Math Endorsement and getting through PreCalculus which was a real test for my brain power. I also passed the AEPA teacher certification test for math in January. We recently helped Chelsea buy a house in Tucson that she will be renting to Chris and Emily. It needed quite a bit of cleaning and a little fixing up. We have been working hard for two months and they are now moved in and getting settled. I think that catches up the on the news.

But, I usually sit down to do this on Sunday; and Sunday I always seem to get the blues. I cry alot on Sunday. The blues that is caused because of those in our family that choose to not associate with us. My heart is broken and I ache for the loss of opportunities to be a part of their lives. The only reason I started this blog was to keep in touch with the family that is far away from us. I'm not sure they even care what happens in our lives. We love and pray for all of our children. We also pray that someday that they will be able to forgive us for being imperfect parents.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Mom!! I care what happens in your life. I think at some point people will figure out that the position they have put us all in is un-Christian and we can all be a family again. Until that day we will love them (and you) from afar. I pray it will be soon but don't let yourself get down over things you cannot control. I know it is easy for me to say that since it isn't my children and grandchildren. Trust in the Lord. If you are working to make it to heaven and they are too then maybe at that point they wont be able to avoid you anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and am very grateful for your support. I know that it is in the Lord's hands.

    ReplyDelete