Sunday, May 29, 2011

end of school 2011

Another school year has ended and even now I am starting to prepare for the next. I learned alot this year and was able to make it through PreCalculus and earn my math endorsement. I do enjoy teaching math and have grown to love the middle schoolers. I have big plans for the new year and am looking forward to improving the middle school math program. I still spend most of my day teaching Title I reading classes and feel good about how well this program is working. I have moved my Title I classroom to the elementary building so that I can be closer to those students and have a little more room. It will be nice but right now it is a BIG mess. Thanks to Rocky, Frank, John, and especially Santa (my aide) for doing all the packing and heavy labor. Now I get to try to sort through all the boxes to be ready for summer school that starts in a week. Fun times.

Many of you have probably heard about Doug's heart attack this past April. It was a little bit of a shock but a blessing in disguise. They were able to fix a problem that he has had for a very long time. Now he is doing great in that area. Today, we have been married for 35 years. We have gotten closer in the past few years, so I'm glad he will be around for a few more. He must have inherited Vivian's heart and not his dad Arlo's. He may outlive me, which he says would be the worst thing that would happen to him. Anyway, we have also had some really high winds this spring. This has done some damage to our roof. It has been quite an ordeal trying to find someone to get the work done. It still isn't done but I think we finally have someone that will follow through. Here's hoping. As my mom always says, "If it isn't one thing, it's ten." So, like a roof, marraiges will get damaged and worn over time. It isn't always easy to fix it, but with a lot of work it can be done.

Mother's Day was nice and I was able to talk to almost all of my children. My great-neice, Sierra Garner, was baptized this past month. I was honored that she asked me to play the piano and say the opening prayer. It was a very nice day with family. I want to thank Shannon for taking care of mom when I want to go to the temple or go on a date with Doug or any other crazy thing that comes up. It is such a blessing to have her family so close by and willing to help. We also had Ashlynn's birthday party which was another great day. We are thankful that Amy is now in John's life and they have attended our family get-togethers. Family is important - warts and all! It is my greatest blessing.

Doug, Richard, Beth and I got to see the Moody Blues in concert this past month. It was really AWESOME. Doug and I have tickets to go see a Diamondbacks game this next weekend which we are excited to do. Mostly we are looking forward to our trip to Utah to visit Rachel's family, "Romeo and Juliet" at the Shakespeare festival, and have the Davidson family reunion. Should be a good summer!

Love to you all.

2 comments: