Sunday, April 22, 2012

spoiled

Being spoiled can be good or bad depending on your frame of mind and the reason that you are being spoiled.

Lately, I have become very spoiled. This is because Doug and Vance have really been helping me out. Doug has taken over doing all of our laundry. So, every Friday I come home to a basket full of clean clothes. They both help me cook dinner most nights and then have started doing one dinner completely. All of this is such a great blessing to me. Vance has been helping with the yard work, which can be so overwhelming. Of course, Mom is even doing her part because she washes the dishes almost every morning. My house has never been immaculate and it probably never will be but it is so much easier to keep up with things with all this help. I believe this is a good type of spoiling.

The bad type of spoiling is when we start feeling that we deserve special treatment and do not give credit to those that are providing you service or comfort. I believe that the majority of our generation and younger are very spoiled. We have had pretty comfortable lives for the most part. I attended the funeral of a special lady yesterday, Olive Nelson Brown. They just don't make people like her much anymore and I think it is because we are generally spoiled. Her life had not been especially easy but she worked, served, and loved without expecting anything in return. She was an outstanding example of faith, living the gospel everyday, and enduring to the end. What a great legacy she has built. What kind of legacy are we building? Good question to ask ourselves each day. Let us not be like the world and feel entitled.

It has been a good week. School was different because of AIMS testing. I am helping to proctor the 6th grade Special Ed students and there are only six of them so that is really easy. I gave the students in my math classes a project called The Cookie Sharing Project. They are having fun with that and we have had some good cookies. On Friday, Doug, Vance and I went to Thatcher. Doug and I did a temple session which was very nice. Vance came so that he could spend some time with Daphne Brown. They met us at the temple after our session and then we picked up Chelsea to go to have dinner. Thanks to Emily for spending the afternoon and evening with Mom. I am so grateful for all my blessings. Especially those that are linked to family and the gospel.

God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment