Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15, 2012

Good morning to all! We have been busy helping with indexing the 1940 US Census. This has been a lot of fun and it is exciting to be a part of such an important work. I have done one page of forty names a day since we started on April 2. I finished taxes for Mom, Chelsea, and us. That was a load of my mind.

The weather has really made me want to get outside and work in the yard. Vance has really helped me and has planted a plum tree, two pine trees, and a cottonwood to add to the peach and plum tree that were already there. I had two apple trees that didn't make it. I love trees and want to continue adding a couple each year. I got a few things planted in the garden after Vance tilled it for me. Anyway, I really love playing in the dirt. It is definitely therapeutic.

I had to stop for a moment because I am watching "Fires of Faith" about the origins of the King James Bible. There is a scene in a mall when a young woman starts to sing the "Hallelujah Chorus" and people start joining in. It is a beautiful and brings tears to my eyes every time. These words ring true and touch my down deep in my soul. I am so grateful for my Savior and the atonement. I'm grateful for the scriptures and our modern day prophets. So many of the talks that were given at General Conference two weeks ago seemed to be just what I needed to hear. Pres. Uchtdorf''s talk really hit home with me. I pray that we can forgive one another as family members and be united again.

I have started rereading the Work and the Glory series. It is a great way to visualize the beginnings of the Church. Those early saints that stood by the Prophet Joseph Smith had to have great faith. We have it pretty easy in comparison because that legacy was established. I am grateful to the early saints and my testimony of Joseph Smith. I know he was a prophet.

We have been to two birthday parties this month. Emmett turned three and Warren turned five. Time keeps marching on. Felicity had her birthday yesterday. We want the best for all of our children and grandchildren and pray for them always.

God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment