Sunday, January 17, 2010

birthday and a bee

Tuesday my youngest child turned eighteen. It is hard to believe she will be graduating this year and moving on to college in a few months. I have really enjoyed spending time with her. We didn't really do much to celebrate her birthday but we will take her into Tucson tomorrow. Dad took her in to get her permit on Monday and then to let her practice driving. This turned into an adventure. They went out on Airport Road outside of Benson and she ran into a road sign. She hit it hard enough to activate the air bags and someone called the Sheriff's Department. So, we ended up with 3 sheriffs, an ambulance, and the fire department investigating what had happened. It was a slow night and she gave them all something to do. Reminds me of Tracy's accident that happened right after she got her permit. We had to tow the car home. It was the silver Metro that we had been fixing up to give to her. Oh well, maybe it wasn't a terrible loss.

On Wednesday was the school's Spelling Bee which I am in charge of directing. This is such a fun activity of which to be a part. The young girl that won has won for the past three years. She won the Cochise County Bee last year and went to the State competition. I hope she will do well this time also. I am so proud of her because she was also one of my second grade students from five years ago. I am so glad to have a job I really enjoy and can see the growth and development of many wonderful children in our little town. It is nice to feel a part of the lives.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah I reamember that little fender bender. I dont even think it deserves that title. It was pretty measly.

    ReplyDelete