Sunday, April 18, 2010

not much to say


I haven't written for a while because I just did not have much to say. Life is full of days that turn into weeks in which we live our everyday lives without too much that seems worthy of note. Yet, my life is filled with many good things that I am thankful for. Over the past couple of weeks, I have a growing group of middle school students that come into my classroom to "hang out" before school starts. This has given me an opportunity to develop some good relationships with them. It has been a challenge to teach middle school math, but I like it a lot. I have the best job at the school because I also get to work with Preschool through 6th grade students teaching reading skills. So, it doesn't matter where I go on the campus, there always seems to be someone with a smile or friendly word. We did have a wonderful time with those that were at Warren's birthday party on March 28th. It was a packed house but it was really nice to be together. We went and picked up little Emmett so that he could join us and be able to visit with him for his first birthday. Being with our family is our favorite thing in the whole world. Another real joy in my life is teaching music in Primary at church. I love to hear the children sing and the songs strengthen me and lift my spirit every Sunday. Then there is Chelsea. She has grown into a beautiful young lady and we enjoy many good conversations while we have worked on a couple of sewing projects, driving to school together, or just hanging out at home. Our last project was her prom dress, which is a one of a kind. She was actually nominated for Prom Queen, but didn't win. (Kaydee McWhorter did) Above is a picture of her ready to go to prom. So, life is good for the most part and we look forward to upcoming events...Tracy and Johnny's visit, temple open house, summer school, trip to Utah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment