Sunday, May 2, 2010

temple open house

It has been a wonderful week. We had a really nice visit with Tracy and Johnny last weekend. Just last Sunday they were sleeping in my living room and now they have begun their new adventure in Dominica. School was busy as usual. I completed one of my online classes which is a big load off my shoulders.

On Thursday, Chelsea and I went to Safford to view the temple. It is beautiful and feels special because it feels like it is our temple. After our tour, we met up with Paul Bird, ate a quick meal, and then I dropped them off at Paul's house while I went back to the temple to serve as an usher for the evening shift. That was a special time. I am so glad I was able to do this. I first helped in the chapel making sure there were tour guides for each group. Even though the weather turned cold and windy, many people came to see the House of the Lord so we were busy all evening. There were many members but also a good number of the curious. I pray that many were touched by the spirit felt in the temple. After working in the chapel, I was sent back into the temple and was stationed in the baptistry. It was uplifting to hear the tour guides share their testimonies with the visitors. I saw many people I knew, some of whom I hadn't seen for a while. At the end of the shift, I got to put shoe covers on people because they had sent the young women home. It was late, 9:30, when I left the temple and went to meet up with Chelsea at the Spring Sing where Paul was performing. I was able to hear the choir's last song and then the traditional finale where the choir alumni joined the choir in a circle to sing "May the Lord Bless You" which was beautiful. We got Paul back home and left Safford about 10:30 to drive home. As you can imagine, it was a little hard to wake up on Friday morning, but it was worth it. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera so I didn't get any pictures.

Saturday, Chelsea and I spent the day with my mom. We went out for lunch and a movie. My mom's condition has worsened and we are looking for a place for her to live which will be closer to George because I can't find anything suitable here in St. David. This is very hard for her because she still feels as if she can take care of herself. She can to a certain extent, but she is not fully aware of what she is doing from time to time. When Tracy and Johnny were here last week, we spent a very fun evening with her going to dinner and playing games with her afterward. That was Wednesday. On Thursday evening she called me and was so happy and thankful that we had come. On Friday she told George she hadn't seen me in weeks. Those of you who are close need to visit her as often as you can, she may not be with us much longer and I don't mean just physically.

Please take care and love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment