Sunday, May 23, 2010

the end of another school year

We have been busy with the end of another school year. The highlight of the week at school was being able to accompany the third grade's production of "The Wizard of Oz". They did a great job! I have been doing the end of the year testing for Title I and trying to keep the 7th graders busy in Math. I am continuing with my Math endorsement classes online which have been challenging, but it makes me feel good when I figure it out. I feel like the scarecrow when he is handed his diploma. The weather has been beautiful even though it has been a little windy. I am enjoying it because the heat is coming inevitably.

I had a nice conversation with John, my oldest, on his birthday. He is now 38 and seems to be doing fairly well. Chelsea, my youngest, is preparing for graduation with excitement and trepidation. Chelsea and I picked up my mom to attend another performance at the Gaslight Theater in Tucson. She really enjoys going and we had a lot of good laughs. We also met Chris and Emily there.

It has been a spiritual week. Last Saturday, Hailey (my niece Shannon's daughter) was baptized. It was so exciting that Josh was able to take care of the priesthood duties. What a blessing and I know my sister, Paula, was smiling down on the festivities. Today, was the Gila Valley Temple Dedication. I attended the 9:00 session and was so thankful to have been able to participate. The spirit touched my heart many times during the different talks. For your information, the temple is across the highway from where Grandma Davidson lived for many years when she was growing up. Sister Crockett talked of the spirits that were in attendance and I feel sure that Grandma was there. President Monson was in good spirits, though I feel like he was very concerned about his wife. So, I know I have a heart because it was full many times this past week.

It has been a good school year and I am very grateful for a job that I enjoy and provides for us. My garden and new trees are doing well and I am looking forward to the summer. Now, I just need the courage of the cowardly lion to face the challenges awaiting me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment